Friday, March 8, 2013

2013… March… I'm a lame blogger...

Wow. Just checked out the two drafts I had saved in here since Oct 11, my last post. I can't believe that was my last post. I work at my computer 5 days a week. When I open my browser it opens Blogger first. Not like I haven't had a plethora of opportunity... or topics.

The first draft that I had was titled "Chicago Marathon- A Race Report". I had composed one line. Something along the lines of "Wow- this is my first race report of the year!" Followed my deafening silence. To file my report now… I finished the marathon. Didn't hit my goal, but ran a fine race. Two weeks later I ran the St. Louis Rock and Roll Half Marathon. A week later,  followed up with a 5k in Grand Rapids. Took the winter off. I'm back to training again.

My next post was written a couple of weeks ago and was titled "My 9 Lives".  This was a chronicle of my past. My history to those of you who do not know it. It was long. And personal. I didn't finish it and ended up deleting it just now. This blog isn't about the past. It's about the here and now. If you are curious, let's grab a coffee or a drink one day and I'll share. It's quite good but it doesn't belong up here.

So there. Now I can move on and get to the current makings of a blog. I am inspired by the fantastic blog posts that my friend Sarah makes (pretty much daily) about her family. They make me smile and laugh… and I feel like I am keeping current with her world. That's my goal! To keep my friends and family up to date with what is going on in my life. I am so far away from almost all of you. This is a great vehicle for me to reach out to you and give you a hug. But I want them returning! I am going to post photos weekly and I am dabbling in video as well. Wonder if that will really stick now that I am putting it out there?

Wish me luck! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I thought I already commented here, but it seems it didn't take. Is that my blog you're talking about? You're so sweet! Half the time I wonder if anyone even cares about my lame kid pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it's your blog! It is so well written with the best photos - I haven't seen you for a couple of years now but I feel like I never left and that I'm part of the family because of how brilliantly you document. Reading your posts is like having a conversation with you. Well… more like listening to you and laughing along with you… but you know what I mean. :)

    ReplyDelete